Kindle Paperwhite 5 Signature Edition with 32GB
- Get more with Signature Edition – Everything in the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, plus wireless charging, auto-adjusting front light, and 32 GB storage.
- Purpose-built for reading – With a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in bright sunlight.
- More reading time – A single charge via USB-C or compatible Qi wireless charger (sold separately) now lasts up to 10 weeks.
- Adjustable screen – Now with adjustable warm light and auto-adjusting front light for a personalized reading experience, day or night.
- More books in more places – Store thousands of titles, then take them all with you.
- Find new stories – With Kindle Unlimited, get unlimited access to over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and more.
- Go hands-free – Pair with an Audible subscription and Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 5 Signature Edition will have a 6.8 E INK Carta HD display with a resolution of 300 PPI. It will have 17 white LED lights and will have Auto-adjusting light sensors, so they will automatically change the brightness of the screen, based on the environmental lighting. It will also have wireless charging capability and Amazon will be selling a new kit. You will be able to connect to WIFI to purchase audiobooks and ebooks on the Amazon bookstore.
The Paperwhite Signature Edition features an E INK Carta HD touchscreen display with a resolution of 1430 x 1080 and 300 PPI. The screen is completely flush with the bezel and protected by a layer of glass. The Kindle Paperwhite 4, had an excellent lighting system, with 5 LED lights, but the Signature takes it to an entirely new level, it has 17 white and amber LED lights, giving users the ability to get a candlelight effect on the screen, simply by blending the two. It is also possible to just use the amber lights, or the white lights and not blend them. If you don’t feel like fiddling around with sliders, there is a new auto-adjusting light sensors.
Underneath the hood is a NXP/Freescale 1GHZ processor, 1GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. You will be able to connect it up to your MAC or PC via an all new USB-C cable. This device also has Bluetooth, but Amazon has not disclosed the version number, it is likely 5.1. This will allow you to connect up a pair of wireless headphones or an external speaker and listen to audiobooks from Audible.
You will get around 10 weeks of battery life, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life may vary depending on use. Audible audiobook streaming over Bluetooth will reduce battery life. Fully charges in approximately 5 hours from a computer via USB cable; fully charges in less than 2.5 hours with a 9W USB power adapter; fully charges in less than 3.5 hours with any compatible 10W Qi wireless charging pad. The dimensions are 174 x 125 x 8.1 mm and weighs 208 g.