Pocketbook Basic Lux 4 with MicroSD and Touchscreen
- The exceptional comfort of reading: thanks to the 6-inch touch screen with E Ink Carta technology, you can enjoy eye-safe and comfortable reading anywhere. The screen’s optical characteristics are close to ordinary paper, so it does not glare in the sun and does not tire your eyes.
- Read in any lighting: with PocketBook Basic Lux 4, you can enjoy an exciting book anywhere and anytime, regardless of the lighting. Just turn on the frontlight and read even in total darkness.
- Wi-Fi, Cloud services & free dictionaries: use Wi-Fi for online shopping in any online store, operate your library and synchronize your books with other devices via PocketBook Cloud and Dropbox. Read and learn more productively thanks to 11 preloaded dictionaries and additional 42 free language combinations.
- Create your huge library: Basic Lux 4 supports 25 formats including the most popular: ACSM, AZW, CBZ, DJVU, DOC, EPUB, FB2, PDF, TXT, JPEG, and PNG. The device has enough space to store all your books: in addition to the built-in memory of 8 GB, the e-reader has a slot for memory cards.
- Super handy & lightweight: the device is highly compact and user-friendly, as it weighs only 155 g, fits easily in any bag, and is equipped with a touchscreen and mechanical buttons for control and page-turning.
- Up to a month without recharging: enjoy unlimited reading with the energy-efficient Basic Lux 4! One full charge of the device provides up to a month of active reading.
The new Pocketbook Basic Lux 4 sports a 6-inch E Ink display with a resolution of 1024×758 with 212 PPI. This version of the Basic Lux now has a full touchscreen display. The e-paper display is backed by front-light technology but lacks an adjustable colour temperature control. Also, lying just below the show are the physical page turn buttons that are reminiscent of its predecessor, or for that matter, most other PocketBook e-reader models out there. Further, at 155 grams, it is also easily among the lightest.
The e-reader comes with microSD card support which should come in handy given that the onboard storage is just 8 GB. Other features include Wi-Fi and a USB-C port, which is a healthy upgrade over the micro USB port that the Basic Lux 3 came with. It has Dropbox support too, which helps in the wireless transfer of files. Also, with support for 25 e-book formats, including the most popular ones, you can rest assured of reading almost any content you can think of. The battery is claimed to last around a month on a single charge.
The Basic Lux 4 is conveniently priced at $109, making it quite an attractive option in the entry-level e-reader segment, more so given the presence of physical buttons and a microSD card slot for storage expansion.